Here is a Series of Articles by David Scott Lynn (DSL) discussing the Nature and Causes of Yoga Injuries and How to Prevent them:
Many years ago, DSL used yoga successfully to get himself out of MUCH pain and various dysfunctions. He still uses it today to manage old injuries that had damaged his structure considerably and maintain the positive results he achieved. Yet other people, even World Class, highly trained teachers, have suffered yoga injuries.
He also uses Yoga Therapy with Clients and originally based his system of yoga-based, hands-on bodywork therapy (known as Psycho-Muscular Release in his earlier days of teaching) on the principles of physical/mental & relational yoga, as he learned, primarily, from Joel Kramer. Joel was a foundational thinker and teacher in authentic American Yoga, a highly conscious yet non-mystical approach to integrating meditative mind with physical postures.
Conscious Stretching Errors & Yoga Injuries
Upon learning how many people had suffered yoga injuries of various degrees from over-stretching, even “conscious stretching,” DSL set out to provide insights, information, and techniques on how to use it most effectively and simultaneously prevent related injuries.
- Yoga Injuries & Prevention
- Don’t Get Stuck with a Pelvic Tuck
- Effortless Great Posture & Fluid Movement
- What Is Let-Go Yoga?
- Yoga Injury Prevention-Part 1
- Yoga Injury Prevention-Part 2
- Yoga Injury Prevention-Part 3
- Yoga Injury Prevention-Part 4
- 1. The How & Why of Yoga Injury Prevention
- 2. Joint Compression: Was Ida Rolf Right About Yoga Injury?
- 3. Yoga Injury: Chronic Joint Compression
- 4. Yoga Injuries & Basics of Recovery
- Infographic on Common Yoga Injuries
- Yoga Injury Prevention-The DSL e-Report
Hatha Yoga Basics | Medical Yoga Therapy and Bodywork | Yoga Injury Prevention
- Bio & History of David Scott Lynn (DSL) & DSL Method
- BIO-Structural Balancing & Postural Alignment
- BodyMind Integration & Awareness
- Cross-Training of Whole Health Disciplines
- Edge-Touch, Asana Assists & Yoga Therapy
- Hands-on, Structural Bodywork Therapy
- Integral Evolution of DSL’s Yoga-based Therapies
- Scientifically Sound, Medically Accepted Principles
- Tai Chi-based Movement Therapy & Internal / External Ergonomics
Thanks for Reading,
David Scott Lynn (DSL*)
* DSL: Your Hi-Touch Up-Link to the Inner-Net
Inner-Net: Your Psycho-Neuro-Musculo-Fascial System